Smile Extra Distractor
If a large expansion is required
Surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion (SARME) is needed in skeletally mature patients (closed midpalatal suture), to correct a transverse maxillary deficiency or hypoplasia of > 5 mm. This is frequently seen in adolescents and adults. Those patients often present with a unilateral or bilateral posterior crossbite and anterior dental crowding.
- Small and hygenic
- Largest expansion possibility
- Plates are self-adjusting to the bone surface
- Small pins for an additional grip on the bone
What should you tell your patient?
- He should see the opening between the 2 front teeth getting larger every day.
- The distractor needs to be cleaned by the patient daily using a soft child toothbrush.
- In case the distractor becomes loose during the healing process, he needs to contact you to retighten or remove it.
Please check out our patient information below!